If you're looking to enhance your eyes and add a bit of glamour to your look, false lashes are a great option. But did you know that you can do it yourself at home? DIY false lashes are a great way to save money and time, while still achieving the look you want. Here's everything you need to know about DIY false lashes.
What are DIY False Lashes?
DIY false lashes are artificial lashes that are applied to your natural lashes using a special bonding formula. They can be made from a variety of materials, including synthetic fibres, silk, and mink. With the right technique and tools, you can achieve a natural-looking set of lashes that will last for weeks.
Why Choose DIY False Lashes?
There are several benefits to choosing DIY false lashes over salon lash extensions. For starters, they're much more affordable. Professional lash extensions can cost hundreds of pounds, while DIY false lashes can be done for a fraction of the cost. Additionally, DIY false lashes can be done on your own schedule, without having to book appointments or wait in a salon.
What Tools Do You Need?
Before you get started, you'll need to gather a few tools. Here's what you'll need:
- Bond (a long lasting bonding eyelash glue )
- Lash extensions (choose a type and length that suits you)
- Lash applicator
- Lash brush
- Free-standing mirror with good lighting
- Seal (a sealer to lock in your lashes)
- Remover (to remove the lashes when you're done)
How to Apply DIY False Lashes
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to apply DIY false lashes:
Begin by mapping out the style you want to achieve before applying the lashes.
Clean your lashes and remove any makeup, oil, or debris.
Apply a small amount of our New Bond bonding formula to your natural lashes.
Using your lash applicator, pick up a false lash and place it as close to the root of your natural lash as possible. There's no need to dip the base into the adhesive as it sticks to the bond you applied.
Hold the false lash in place for a few seconds until it's secured to your natural lash.
Repeat steps 3-5 until you've applied false lashes to all of your natural lashes.
Use a lash brush to gently comb through your lashes to blend the extensions with your natural lashes.
Apply our New Seal sealer to lock in the lashes.
To remove the lashes, simply use our New Remover bonding formula and apply like mascara.
Tips for Success
- Practice makes perfect! Don't be discouraged if it takes a few tries to get the hang of applying false lashes.
- Start with a shorter length and work your way up. Longer false lashes can be more difficult to work with.
- Use a light touch when applying the bonding formula. Too much can make your lashes clumpy and uncomfortable.
- Be patient. Applying false lashes can be time-consuming, but the results are worth it!
- Use a free-standing mirror with good lighting for the best results.